RE: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 02:23:13
Kelvin,
The switch is a pressure switch.  With the relative wind nearly straight on
 the air into the tube is under suction.  The switch is assembled to the ho
se to the leading edge using its pressure side.  The switch is normally ope
n so with suction on the tube, the light is off at low angles.

At about 14 degrees angle of attack the switch is now under pressure from t
he ram air.  The switch is normally open and at about 3 inches of water ish
, the switch will close and allow current to flow to the light/horn.

Once you land, and the speed diminishes, the pressure drops and the switch
opens and the horn goes off.

Not rocket science.

See photo below:
Regards,