Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 00:42:58

Thanks to all for your contributions

As Bud has illuminated on, at 3" of water, the operating pressure is very low so
the adjustment is very fiddly/has a very small range between success and on
all the time.  I have repositioned the switch taking care to 1) try and
orientate
it so that the adjustment screw points upwards and 2) to avoid stressing the
plastic body of the switch.  At optimum adjustment even a small side load on
the spigot that the vacuum tube connects to (port A) will operate the switch
at zero speed.  Andy also advised me to make sure the orifice in the wing is
drilled out to 4mm OD and 6mm deep.  With all the above now implemented it now
seems to work correctly, though it does stay on down to about 15kts on the
ground.

The search for alternative adjustable switches has proved to be fruitless so far

Thanks again

Clive.

PS: Permit flight today!

Read this topic online here: