Re: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems
From: Ian Cook <iancook1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 21:00:27

Kelv,
     If you go onto the Radio Spares web page and search. Pt No. 317-443 there
is a full tech description.

Regards

Ian Cook

Sent from my iPad

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 22:03, Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz> wrote:
>

> Hi Bud and all
>
> Now I am really confused. I have fitted the Europa stall warning mod and
> switch
but not yet used in anger.

> How is this switch designed to work?
>
> Is it normally closed and held open by pressure above a certain speed.
> Or is it normally open and is closed by low pressure (vacuum), like a
> conventional
Cessna stall warner, caused by the angle of the wing.

> The mod leaflet suggests it is operated by vacuum, but your description of it
being on until above a certain speed suggests the first option.
> The switch has a hose connection to both sides of what I assume is a
> diaphragm,
so it is easy to connect incorrectly.

> If it is normally closed then does that result in the buzzer operating
> continually
on the ground until above the stall speed?
> I think that would eventually get to be a bit of a pain, especially during
> long
holds on the ground.