Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:59:07

Hi Bud and all

Now I am really confused. I have fitted the Europa stall warning mod and switch
but not yet used in anger.

How is this switch designed to work?

Is it normally closed and held open by pressure above a certain speed.
Or is it normally open and is closed by low pressure (vacuum), like a
conventional
Cessna stall warner, caused by the angle of the wing.

The mod leaflet suggests it is operated by vacuum, but your description of it
being
on until above a certain speed suggests the first option.
The switch has a hose connection to both sides of what I assume is a diaphragm,
so it is easy to connect incorrectly.

If it is normally closed then does that result in the buzzer operating
continually
on the ground until above the stall speed?
I think that would eventually get to be a bit of a pain, especially during long
holds on the ground.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston