Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe
From: Paul M 383 <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 11:07:17

Hello Carl,

A couple of other things you might like to consider...

You won't hear the same Services Outside Controlled Airspace that you do in the
UK (no Basic, Traffic, Deconfliction or Procedural) but if you remember the old
system, a Flight Information Service is probably what you'd be most likely
to want/need (maybe Radar Information).

http://airspacesafety.com/atsocas/

You can file a FPL online using AFPEx, but it uses Java, so won't work on a Mac.
You have to register (need your Licence number etc) and this takes a week or
so to turn round - allow time!

https://ts1.flightplanningonline.co.uk/applyingForAnAccount.html

The 24 hr Helpdesk  is excellent:

http://www.myafpex.co.uk/feedback.php

I'm happy to talk you through setting up some favourite "here's one I made
earlier"
FPLs, so you just choose one off your list, change the date, check & send.

I've attached a simple guide (which I found on a Flyer Forum) - it's pretty
good,
although the sample GAR is out of date.

Try this for the latest GAR:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights