Re: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe
From: houlihan tim <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 13:41:17
Oh. regarding

>     Dear Europa pilots, France has been in a state of emergency since Jul
> 2015 which has been extended until July 2017. This has the effect that th
> Schengen agreement is no longer in force for cross border aircraft travel
 and
> all flights to and from France need to go through an =9Cairport of
entry=9D.

I did not find any of problems you you mention during last years Europa clu
trip to France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Czech republic and Poland.,  other
 than
the number of customs entry points having been reduced over the past few ye
ars.

Yes we had to enter and leave the Schengen area via a customs aerodrome. bu
t we
have had to do that when travelling from the UK ever since the Schengen
agreement was introduced many years ago.

Flying within the Schengen area was very easy all that seemed to be require
d was
a flight plan if you were crossing FIR boundaries. .

Tim H

G-BZTH

>     On 05 February 2017 at 13:21 JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     Dear Europa pilots, France has been in a state of emergency since Jul
> 2015 which has been extended until July 2017. This has the effect that th
> Schengen agreement is no longer in force for cross border aircraft travel
 and
> all flights to and from France need to go through an "airport of entry".
>     Make sure you have up-to-date information about airports of entry as
the
> number has been reduced over the last 12 months due to government cuts.
>     Once you are here though it is an easy system to navigate in and the
ATC