Europa-List: landing light - anyone fitted one, UK MOD?

Subject: Europa-List: landing light - anyone fitted one, UK MOD?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 08:35:06

I have just submitted my paper work for my annual and had fitted a landing light
in the air intake. LAA have asked for MOD 2 for it. Fair enough. Has anyone
done this in the UK or the world to bolster the application? See pic of the
sealed
unit I have used - high intensity with lens but only 250mA and sealed and
aluminium.
I have a job to get my engine beyond 80 deg most of the year so am not too
concerned
about the small air obstruction to the water/oil radiator. It has its own
bracket and I have stiffened up the air deflector in a central area and bolted
in with two locking screw and so I think there is negligible risk of it coming
off and into the prop.
The Raychem wiring is routed up past the fuel pump where all is cool and over
the
top of the engine so that should not be a concern.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP 5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,
250 hours &amp; 4 years on the Mono, 880 total
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/dsc094801_726.jpg