Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing walk area delamination?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing walk area delamination?
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:01:33

Hi Richard,
Ampreg isn't especially good as an adhesive [ not much better as a laminating
resin
either !], better by far would be a 30 minute epoxy adhesive from a model
/ hobby shop. I use Pacer z-poxy for any tacking jobs, and all my models.Their
30 min' stuff is quite runny when warmed up before mixing. Warm the two
components
up, they come in flexable bottles with nozzles so easy to pour, it's a
50/50 ratio [ use scales !]. Get everything drilled and masked as others have
said, I usually drill a 3/16'' hole to suit the syringe, and 1/8'' holes around
the edge of the delamination, mask off the entire area ' and well past, leaving
the holes open and have ready bits of tape to seal when each hole weeps resin.
Buds tip of chilling the area sounds good. Do a test run between 2 pieces
of clear Perspex with the described holes, to a similar size to the damaged
area,
taped together with mixing stick shims so there is a gap for the resin to
fill.
  A test mix of Ampreg with a bit of micro in it, when cured will snap quite
easily,
the Z-poxy, as is with no micro will remain flexable, much better bet than
a stiff lump of resin.
DONT USE POLYESTER, IT WILL DISOLVE THE BLUE FOAM !
Cheers,
Nev