Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing walk area delamination?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing walk area delamination?
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:39:58

Richard,

Kneeling on the wing is obviously not the only cause of delamination because I
virtually never kneel or stand on the wing.

The way I get in is to stand in front of the wing and swing my right leg over
the
wing and in to the cockpit and then pull myself round and into the seat. Getting
out I push myself up and then swing my legs out and over the front of the
wing.
I must add that at 70 I am pleased that I can still perform these manoeuvres.

Dave Watts

> On 12 Dec 2016, at 11:54, Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone, thanks for the comments here, and also off-thread by Erich and
> David
(of Swift).  Putting it all together, I read that the extent of my delamination
is not enough to worry about unduly, but to monitor and repair according
to the Europa guidelines if it gets much larger.  However, I also read that
it is largely due to kneeling on the wing-walk, especially spar-forward, that
does it.... quite tricky avoiding this, especially if there are things to fix
deep in the cockpit, eg in the fuel selector area. Unless you have the
dimensions
and flexibility of a small gibbon.   I am 6'1", 96 kg, so kneeling will put
a big force on that area.