Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:55:02

On 13 Apr 2015, at 02:46, Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:

> One degree or a bit less is about what the slop in the system gives you no
> matter
how hard you work at it.

Bud - thanks for that reassurance. I was quite surprised and worried when I
discovered
how much the weight of the outriggers affected the previously-crisp up
position of the flaps.

There is one thing in the manual that seems a bit unclear and perhaps you can
clarify
it for me. In Annex E it says:

"Check that the bolt through the slot in OR5 is 5mm (3/16) to 7mm (1/4) from the
end of the slot when the outriggers are down.

Which end of the slot should that clearance measurement be taken from? One of
the
bolts in my OR5s is about central in the slot (so about 5mm clearance each
side) and the other is quite near the end of the slot (although I cant now
remember
_which_ end). Both outriggers are firmly locked down.

in friendship

Rowland