Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:44:10
Rowland=2C
About centered is what I try for.  I'll take it if it is within 3/16 and lo
cks.  I'm afraid the droopy leg syndrome was my nemesis.  Darn I hate those
 legs.

Bud

On Apr 13=2C 2015 5:01 AM=2C Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote
:

On 13 Apr 2015=2C at 02:46=2C Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:

> One degree or a bit less is about what the slop in the system gives you n
o matter how hard you work at it.

Bud - thanks for that reassurance. I was quite surprised and worried when I
 discovered how much the weight of the outriggers affected the previously-c
risp =9Cup=9D position of the flaps.

There is one thing in the manual that seems a bit unclear and perhaps you c
an clarify it for me. In Annex E it says:

"Check that the bolt through the slot in OR5 is 5mm (3/16=9D) to 7mm
(1/4=9D) from the end of the slot when the outriggers are down.
=9D

Which end of the slot should that clearance measurement be taken from? One
of the bolts in my OR5s is about central in the slot (so about 5mm clearanc
e each side) and the other is quite near the end of the slot (although I ca
n=99t now remember _which_ end). Both outriggers are firmly locked do
wn.

in friendship

Rowland