Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:59:25

On 9 Apr 2015, at 21:32, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:

> the port flap was travelling 26.3 degrees and the starboard one 26.9 degrees.
They both looked pretty well-aligned with the wing/flap template when retracted.
I wondered if this is an acceptable amount of differential.

> I thought I ought to check the movement with the outrigger legs fitted. After
fitting them, the extended angles of both flaps are closely similar to those
recorded before I fitted the outriggers, but the retracted positions are both
drooping somewhat. The travel now is 25.3 degrees (port) and 26.0 degrees
(starboard).

> What, if anything, can (or should) I do about it?

Looks like no-one has any ideas on this question, so I guess Ill have to ask the
factory . . . .

in friendship

Rowland