Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap deflection question
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:07:26

Rowlandcan you quantify drooping somewhat?

Personally, I gave up on attempting perfection long ago and have since settled
on striving for excellencewhile reminding myself that my goal is to get Ms.
Europa
up in the air.

Fred
A194

> On Apr 12, 2015, at 8:59 AM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 9 Apr 2015, at 21:32, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the port flap was travelling 26.3 degrees and the starboard one 26.9 degrees.
They both looked pretty well-aligned with the wing/flap template when retracted.
I wondered if this is an acceptable amount of differential.

>> I thought I ought to check the movement with the outrigger legs fitted. After
fitting them, the extended angles of both flaps are closely similar to those
recorded before I fitted the outriggers, but the retracted positions are both
drooping somewhat. The travel now is 25.3 degrees (port) and 26.0 degrees
(starboard).