Re: Europa-List: Re: flap deflection question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: flap deflection question
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:37:10

On 13 Apr 2015, at 10:27, JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> It's the forward end of the slot where the gap is important.  It's so that on
the ground the flaps can "bounce" up and down due to the natural play in the
system without unlocking the outrigger.  If the gap was too small or non
existent
then if the flap bounced up when say taxying over a bump then the upward
movement
of the flap might unlock the outrigger.

Jon - thanks for that info. I have the nasty feeling from memory that the bolt
near the end of the slot is indeed at the forward end. Ill have to check again
when next rigged. If that is the case, I wonder what my options are to correct
it?

in friendship

Rowland