RE: Europa-List: Fuselage join

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuselage join
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 06:29:58
Fred,
    My problem was opposite of Wills and more like yours, where the lower
fuselage skin surface was proud of the upper, and had to add spacers to the
lower fuselage jog at the clecos to hold the upper skin surface out off the
jog a bit. I have not glued the upper fuse to the lower yet, so here's my
question.

The thin fiberglass spacer discs were stacked one atop the other, until the
upper and lower  fuse were in the same plane (no compensation for glue
thickness). My plan is to mix as little flox into the glue as possible to
keep it as viscous, but prevent running.  However, I am still concerned the
thickness of the glue might mess up the 'calibration' that was done.

How did it go for you (or anyone else doing a similar procedure)? Did you
have to back compensate a bit?
Regards,
Greg

On Jan 6, 2015, at 11:03 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>