Re: Europa-List: Tie-down points

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tie-down points
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 08:36:29

Tim, That is how most UK monos tie down in my experience, with a rope
round the mainwheel fork and one round tail spring. One potential lurgy
worth mentioning is that in very windy conditions my brake fluid line
was cut by the tie down rope, so only put that rope round port side of
U/C fork, well away from brake line. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

On 2015-01-06 16:48, Timward wrote:

> Happy New Year Everyone.
> I have a Monowheel Classic and tie it down by securing the large main wheel
> and
tail wheel only. The outriggers should prevent the wings from lifting. Therefore
no tie down points are required on the wings.
> Thoughts?
> Just saw for the first time my aircraft flying from the ground after giving my
son a rating to fly it!
> Wonderful sight and such a proud father.
> Now there is a cheaper way for him to build up his hours!
> Weather dependent of course!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim
>
> Tim Ward