Europa-List: Re: Tie-down points

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tie-down points
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 10:02:58

Cheers all,

I have a tie-down point below the fin, presumably attached to the tailwheel
hard-point.
I guess it's best to be tail-into-wind with the rudder gust-locked, stick
held forwards (or tailplane removed?) and flaps down. Some sort of screw-in
eyebolts mid-span on each wing would be lovely, but not a feasible retro-fit.

If you have to leave them parked in forecast strong winds, has anybody
considered
the feasibility of removing the wings entirely? I'm thinking that a 35kt wind
---From the front is going to seriously test any tie-downs.

Read this topic online here: