Re: Europa-List: Fuselage join

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuselage join
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 14:31:39

<wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a visible join the upper half lip being slightly proud as a
result sliding down over the bottom half.  The joint is good and the
difference is slight.

> What is the normal practice for the visible join line between the fuze
halves?  Does one have to sand down to the epoxy or can one fill on top
of sanded the gel coat?

WillI had the opposite problemi.e., my lower half was
proud, and problem solved by adding spacers at each cleco and thickening
the Redux bed. For your case, i=99d of course remove the gel coat
along the edge of the upper half and rough up the gel coat on the lower
half; I don=99t think it=99s necessary to remove the entire
gel coat in order to add the requisite filler. Perhaps others w/ more
knowledge than I will make other recommendations.

Fred