Re: Europa-List: Wing missing mass balance reassess

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing missing mass balance reassess
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:36:46

Tony,
All good advice IMO: carefully inspect the inside as much as possible,
do not try to remove the wing lid, find a local solution.
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=37071 shows my wing
before bonding the lid on.
As you can see I removed the mass balance box mold tops before bonding
the lid on.
After bonding the lid on I laid up on the inside of the box to the lid.
Advice of Neville Eyre.
I hope this gives an idea of what is aimed for.
Jan de Jong

On 9/13/2014 1:06 PM, tonyvaccarella wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just joined this forum today - I live in Sydney Australia and have recently
got possession of a partially built Europa XS (tailwheel) from the USA.

> While taking stock of the equipment I noted that the aileron mass balance
> reassesses
that should have been installed prior to wing close-out are missing.

> Point here is that the wings are definitely closed - so before I even begin,
I need to sort out this problem. Has anyone come across this before. Will I need
to open the wind again (if that is possible) or can I install the reassesses
at this late stage.