Re: Europa-List: Wing missing mass balance reassess

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing missing mass balance reassess
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 13:42:56

Hi Tony,
No help with an XS wing except to say I have heard of the wing being opened with
the careful application of heat, that no doubt others might be able to comment
on. Otherwise I live in Hornsby Heights Sydney, also building a Taildragger,
so, welcome to the Europa fraternity. You will find this list invaluable and
whilst little things have frustrated me along the way, the Europa engineering,
the way it was originally designed and then brought out as a kit so we could
have a crack, I still admire.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
0414391887

Sent from my iPad

> On 13 Sep 2014, at 1:06 pm, "tonyvaccarella" <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hello all,
>
> I just joined this forum today - I live in Sydney Australia and have recently
got possession of a partially built Europa XS (tailwheel) from the USA.

> While taking stock of the equipment I noted that the aileron mass balance
> reassesses
that should have been installed prior to wing close-out are missing.

> Point here is that the wings are definitely closed - so before I even begin,
I need to sort out this problem. Has anyone come across this before. Will I need
to open the wind again (if that is possible) or can I install the reassesses
at this late stage.