Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:34:58
Brian=0AI know the feeling! But I think it's not so much speed, more the ab
ility to multitask that declines.=0A=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A__________________
______________=0A From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>=0ATo: europ
a-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Wednesday, 10 September 2014, 11:15=0ASubject
: RE: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas=0A =0A=0A=0AHi Gra
ham=0A-=0ASo it could have happened in VFR conditions.- Masses of data
examined on this subject, basically showing very low probability but high c
onsequences for composite aircraft. Very different for Public Transport ope
rations, where lightning strikes are common and the consequences are -low
. There is a risk from many hazards every time we go flying in less than pe
rfect weather. It is our choice to go flying or stay on the ground.=0A-
=0AIncidentally, I let my IMCR lapse when I finished building my Europa and
 I do not intend to renew it.- Too old and too slow now.=0A-=0ARegards
=0A-=0ABrian=0A-=0AFrom:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mailto:
owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of GRAHAM SINGLETON=0ASen
t: 10 September 2014 10:21=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Re: E
uropa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas=0A-=0A-=0ABrian=0AOne
 Europa had a lightning strike which took out most of the electronics and t
he lights.=0AIt happened many miles from the nearest cloud if I remember co
rrectly. =0AGraham=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0AFrom:Brian Da
ian Davies" <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>=0A=0AUnless an airframe made of glas
s- or carbon-fibre composite incorporates=0Ametal mesh or some other means
of dissipating electrical charges, it should=0Abe flown very far away from
potential lightning.=0A=0AThis can only be achieved by "see and avoid" in t
he absence of electronic=0Adetection devices. Forecasts are next to useless
 in this context.=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://fo
rums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=430273#430273=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A-----=0ANo virus found in this mes"http://www.matronics.com/
Navigator?Europa-List" target="_blank">http://w - - - - - -
- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.========0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A-=0A
-=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0Ahttp://forums.matron