Re: Europa-List: coolant thermostat uk

Subject: Re: Europa-List: coolant thermostat uk
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:02:30
Nigel,=0A- - I find with the water Coolant stat, that the engine temp w
ill climb to 100 degrees on a warm day on clime out. once cruse is establis
hed, temperatures settle down to 80 degrees. There is no coverings on the r
adiators and allows full cooling. Everything as it should be, I'm very happ
y with the stat.=0A=0A=0A=0AOn Wednesday, 4 June 2014, 8:03, Nigel Graham <
nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk> wrote:=0A =0A=0A=0AI would be very interested
to hear how successful this is once fitted and tested (either on or off lis
t).=0AWith regards to oil over-temp should the water coolant be lost, I=0A
   think you might be surprised how resilient a modern full-synthetic=0A
 oil is (which can be used in a 9 series engine as long as you don't=0A
run 100LL). On a reduced power decent I think you would get away=0A    with
 it. =0A=0ANigel=0A=0A=0AOn 04/06/2014 07:13, Christoph Both wrote:=0A=0AJu
st bought one of these on my trip to Germany and look forward to installing
 the oil/cooling water exchange unit. My issue is a used oil rad for the 80
hp engine but I have a 100hp. Runs fine in cruise but climb is limited to 5
 min at full throttle going over 130 degrees celsius oil temps. I decided t
o stay away from removing the old radiator, though, as Silent Hektik recomm
ends as in case of cooling fluid loss my engine will be toast in seconds co
mpared with keeping the old rad and flying home in limp mode.=0AJust my tho
ughts,=0AChristoph Both=0A#223=0AWolfville, Canada=0A=0AFrom: Nigel Graham
<nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk>=0AReply-To: "europa-list@matronics.com" <euro
pa-list@matronics.com>=0ADate: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 2:55 AM=0ATo: "eu
ropa-list@matronics.com" <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASubject: Re: Europa-
List: coolant thermostat uk=0A=0A=0A=0A=0AKeith, Karl, I have been looking
at this range of oil and=0A            water thermostats from the German co
mpany Silent Hektic:=0A=0Ahttp://www.silent-hektik.com/UL_912_Thermo.htm=0A
=0ATheir products look well made (though I haven't bought=0A            any
thing yet). Attached is a translation fyi.=0A=0ANigel=0A=0A(I have no comme
rcial connection with this organisation)=0A=0A=0AOn 04/06/2014 00:30, Keith
 Hickling wrote:=0A =0AKarl,=0AI have been planning to install a coolant th
ermostat too. Could you please post the details of the manufacturer or supp
lier, model no etc so I can try to source one if Conair no longer supply it
? =0A-=0AMany thanks,=0AKeith Hickling.=0A-=0A=0A=0AFrom: Karl Heindl
=0ASent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:41 AM=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: coolant thermostat uk=0A=0AHi William, =0A=0AI
 have the coolant thermostat kit from Conair, but decided not to install it
. I can sell it to you at the original price plus postage.=0A=0ACheers,=0A