Re: Europa-List: coolant thermostat uk

Subject: Re: Europa-List: coolant thermostat uk
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 06:13:19
Just bought one of these on my trip to Germany and look forward to installi
ng the oil/cooling water exchange unit. My issue is a used oil rad for the
80hp engine but I have a 100hp. Runs fine in cruise but climb is limited to
 5 min at full throttle going over 130 degrees celsius oil temps. I decided
 to stay away from removing the old radiator, though, as Silent Hektik reco
mmends as in case of cooling fluid loss my engine will be toast in seconds
compared with keeping the old rad and flying home in limp mode.
Just my thoughts,
Christoph Both
Wolfville, Canada

From: Nigel Graham <nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk<mailto:nigel_graham@m-tecqu
e.co.uk>>
ropa-list@matronics.com<mailto:europa-list@matronics.com>>
Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 2:55 AM
ist@matronics.com<mailto:europa-list@matronics.com>>

Keith, Karl, I have been looking at this range of oil and water thermostats
 from the German company Silent Hektic:

http://www.silent-hektik.com/UL_912_Thermo.htm

Their products look well made (though I haven't bought anything yet). Attac
hed is a translation fyi.

Nigel

(I have no commercial connection with this organisation)