Re: Europa-List: Whats new?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Whats new?
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:07:44
I have a Funkwerk supplied by Airworld [UK] Ltd works very well. I noted
that a suggestion was made to carry  a hand held radio with 8.33 Mhz
separation, I did this way back when 760 set were required to replace
720s [God I=98m getting old] however I found that it was not
accepted in German air space. I used it once in anger in  France after
suspected radio failure-what a palaver . It turned out that the aircraft
radios were fine , my wife=99s head set had been uncomfortable so
we had swopped, I learnt a lesson there!
Richard Collings
G-CGZV