RE: Europa-List: Parcel Shelf tray door access for fuses, CBS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Parcel Shelf tray door access for fuses, CBS
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 18:50:22

Hi Rowland

As an ex- CAA Licenced Avionic engineer I shudder at the use of Faston spade
terminals instead of ring tags and hate soldered joints and love crimps, but
many homebuilt aircraft  have these features and fly quite safely.
Fuses vs circuit breakers is another one for the list. The joy of home
building is that we can make our own choices in this area, after carrying
out due diligence, and I respect your choice.

Beware- someone will now point out that fuses and circuit breakers are old
hat and we should all be using power control modules to monitor and protect
our aircraft electrics.

The subject of replacing fuses or resetting circuit breakers in flight is
also well covered in training manuals and flight manuals of certified
aircraft.  Again, we can do our study and make our choices and be content
with our personal decisions.

Best regards

Brian