Re: Europa-List: Parcel Shelf tray door access for fuses, CBS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parcel Shelf tray door access for fuses, CBS
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 09:01:42

On Apr 7, 2014, at 4:03 AM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/fuseorcb.html
>
> http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/fusvsbkr.html
>
> http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/fusvbkr2.html

Rowland,

Thank you for the links to the Nuckolls articles which I havent read for a long
time; they have been primary references for a guy like myself whos knowledge,
experience, and understanding of all things electric was close to zero when I
began my project.

Im very sympathetic to the Nuckolls philosophy(s) and have attempted to
incorporate
them at just about every turn, though some of his thinking may initially
lead to component arrangements which seem counterintuitive.

You wont find me re-setting CBs or fumbling around w/ replacement fuses while in
flight.

FWIW, Ive located two fuse blocks on the  floor of the instrument panel module
behind the COM sub panel; one buss is for engine critical circuits for my
(totally
electrically-dependent) MPEFI engine, and the other is for endurance buss
circuitsboth busses have a primary feed thru my EXP 2 Bus (w/ its multiple
rocker
switches controlling non-essential circuits) and an alternate feed direct
---From either battery.

At the first sign of in-flight electrical problems, my Plan B requires the
flipping
of one toggle to energize the alternate feeds for both my endurance buss
and my engine buss; killing the master switch; and, with ample battery amp hours
for the predetermined loads, proceeding to my destination without breaking
a sweatat least, that is the plan...

I offer these thoughts as simply describing how Ive chosen to approach this
issue,
not as a challenge to other approaches or philosophies.
In fact, I relish these discussions and find enormous value in reading how
much-respected
and experienced builders have addressed these issuesmore than once
theyve resulted in my reconsideration of previous solutions.

Fred