Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings
From: Sky Mail <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:47:34
Ian

Thanks - my reading of para71 of CS-22 is that the relevant sink measurement
 is to be performed in 'power off' mode which I assume provides for the prop
 to be feathered, if available as an option.  That means that there may well
 be scope to decrease drag, decrease sink rate and achieve SLMG certificatio
n under CS-22.  But from the LAA notes is seems that you are happy not to ad
d that complication to your certification and happy to live with a "long win
g" SEA classification.  My aim is to be able to maintain SLMG and SEA rating
s on the same aircraft, so I may have to be the first to cross that bridge o
nce the aircraft is complete, by demonstrating CS-22 compliance with a feath
ered prop (if it is achievable)?

Richard

Sent from my iPad

> On 7 Feb 2014, at 12:45, Iancook <iancook_1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is fitted with a feathering AirMaster prop but no gliding measurements h
ave ever been done on my aircraft.