Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:12:08

Graham, It isn't clear to me that a digital ASI would have
the same delays as a mechanical one, butin any case the
beauty of the SmartASS is that it starts to warn you that
your speed is decaying way before you are anywhere mear
falling out of the sky, and effectively keeps you very
close to whatever you have chosen as your safe speed for
that phase of flight. It is no more possible to ignore the
escalating warnings, than it would be to ignore your wife
had she caught youin some serious sin of ommission or
worse! Regards, David