Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:25:03
Pity I didn't have one back in March 2000!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_________
_______________________=0A From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>=0A
ject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings=0A =0A=0A--> Europa-List message p
osted by: "David Joyce" <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>=0A=0A=0AGraham, It isn'
t clear to me that a digital ASI would have the same delays as a mechanical
 one, butin any case the beauty of the SmartASS is that it starts to warn y
ou that your speed is decaying way before you are anywhere mear falling out
 of the sky, and effectively keeps you very close to whatever you have chos
en as your safe speed for that phase of flight. It is no more possible to i
gnore the escalating warnings, than it would be to ignore your wife had she
 caught youin some serious sin of ommission or worse! Regards, David=0A=0AO
btinternet.com> wrote:=0A> David=0A> certainly sounds very cleverly designe
d. I agree with your point about stall warner being too ready to cry wolf.
My preference would be proper AoA display with voice warning. Then you have
 no time delay=0A> between event (AoA change) and warning.=0A> Graham=0A>
oyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>=0A> To: europa-list@matronics.com Sent: Th
ursday, 6 February 2014, 23:19=0A> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wi
yce@doctors.org.uk>=0A> =0A> =0A> . But quite coincidentally it is very muc
h more effective than any stall warner I have flown with. My Europa one doe
sn't make much noise - a problem for a deaf old fart with expensive modern
headset, and on top of that it sounds for an appreciable part of take off a
nd landing runs, so I am 'trained' to ignore it!=0A> Regards, David=0A> On
==