Re: Europa-List: Ammeters & Voltmeters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ammeters & Voltmeters
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:48:01
Fred=0AYou can measure current by noting the voltage drop across a short le
ngth of=0Awire, very small drop in the case of the main buss but still meas
urable.=0AThen, Amps equals Volts divided by Resistance=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonl
ine.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Sunday, 19 January 2014,
16:20=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Ammeters & Voltmeters=0A =0A=0A--> Europa
-List message posted by: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>=0A=0A=0AFrans.
..thank you for your thoughtful reply to my concerns, especially by spellin
g things out in crayon to a guy who is electronically-challenged...just wha
t I needed, although, when you write:=0A=0A> To measure amps, you need to h
ave a resistor somewhere in the wire. I=0A> prefer to have this directly at
 the battery because this resistor is=0A> doing the least harm at that plac
e, and if it fails, has the least=0A> impact on your flight. And it gives y
ou the most useful information at=0A> that location.=0A=0A...I must admit t
hat I have no idea WHY a resistor is essential, nor can I imagine what crit
eria are appropriate for sizing such a resistor, nor do I understand why fa
ilure would cause minimal harm if it's located directly at the battery...
=