Re: Europa-List: Ammeters & Voltmeters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ammeters & Voltmeters
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 08:20:01

Frans...thank you for your thoughtful reply to my concerns, especially by
spelling
things out in crayon to a guy who is electronically-challenged...just what
I needed, although, when you write:

> To measure amps, you need to have a resistor somewhere in the wire. I
> prefer to have this directly at the battery because this resistor is
> doing the least harm at that place, and if it fails, has the least
> impact on your flight. And it gives you the most useful information at
> that location.

...I must admit that I have no idea WHY a resistor is essential, nor can I
imagine
what criteria are appropriate for sizing such a resistor, nor do I understand
why failure would cause minimal harm if it's located directly at the battery...

All the best,

Fred