Re: Europa-List: Seatbelt mount

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Seatbelt mount
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 08:39:16

On Oct 27, 2013, at 3:11 AM, Bob Harrison wrote:

>  It is just a pity that someone has to go through the expense of
engineering PROOF LOADING and design procedure and finish up with
needing to pay for a damn mod. to put it into practice.

Bob...I couldn't agree w/ you more...and...there are both positives and
negatives to the regs and different approaches used by the
people-who-are-paid-to-worry in the UK and the US.

In my circumstances, I was the only person I had to satisfy...and I was
able to do so by imposing a 1500# compression load on my little riser
using a hydraulic press and very heavy duty cargo strap...but the net
effect was but a conscientious effort to ensure that the orientation of
the imposed loads was accurate and the load path into the airframe did
not change...nonetheless, a far cry from engineering proof loading.

Fred