Europa-List: Gusset plates

Subject: Europa-List: Gusset plates
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 16:00:33

Gidday,
I am having trouble with the gusset plates. I used the 12 ply supplied and
shaped
it accordingly, except I have about a 5 mm gap from ply to tie rod. The cloth
will take up approx half of that. So, I bonded on the ply and then layed up
the 4 plies of BID, which in essence thickens the ply by 8 plies. So, now that
its all done I have a 2-3 mm gap +/- and the gusset plates do not sit parallel.
For the other side I lightly clamped the plates together as the BID cured,
in situ, and they were covered in Canauba Wax for a release agent. So, that side
is OK, but the first side I have a problem I am hoping I can use Redux and
Flox to pack out both the gap between rod and ply, and also to create a flat
bed for the gusset plates. I am wondering this would be considered an acceptable
way to fix things? I know Redux and Flox is a pretty tough mix and the loads
in this region I do not consider will challenge what I am doing, as something
would have already broken, like a wing!
Regards
Tony Renshaw