Re: Europa-List: aileron SLOP

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron SLOP
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:09:53
Ferg,

If you take off the wings, fix the yoke and the aileron and then wiggle the w
iggly bits where the wing root and the CM meet you should feel any slop, to t
ell you where to look.
Should there be no slop, I would guess there is a misalignment of the wiggly
 parts or perhaps the tufnel spacer on its mating face has departed?

Brgds,

Alex Kaarsberg

Em 24/07/2013, =C3-s 12:07, <f.kyle@sympatico.ca> escreveu:

> It appears that over the years the dimensions of the aileron control syste
m have changed, and I now have about 3/4inch (19mm) or less travel slop betw
een the ailerons - not a good thing. =46rom the wing bottom windows, it appe
ars to be inboard of the fuselage as there is no slop in the outer wing area
s that I could find.
>             I would appreciate any advice as to how to adjust same to canc
el this motion. I realise someone has probably already covered this ground, b
ut am jiggered if I can remember how to find it.

=========
=========
=========
=========