Re: Europa-List: aileron SLOP

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron SLOP
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:12:48
Fergus=0AKingsley has sais it all I think. Until source of play identified
that is.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: King
sley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASe
nt: Thursday, 25 July 2013, 12:04=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: aileron SLOP
=0A =0A=0A=0A =0AHello Ferg,=0A-=0AI suspect the problem is most likely i
n one or both =0Aof the aileron quick connect mechanisms but before checkin
g them =0Afirstly-ensure ALL rod end fittings and =0Aassociated bolts wit
hin the whole aileron circuit are properly tightened.- =0AAlso check that
 one of the tufnol pads on the quick connects has not come =0Aadrift.=0A-
=0AAssuming everything aforementioned is tight and/or =0Ain place, get a he
lper to hold the control stick progressively in the full left, =0Acentre an
d full right positions while you check the free movement of one aileron =0A
at a time in all of those positions.- If you find the free movement varie
s =0Awhen in each of those positions, the problem will likely be one of mis
alignment =0Aof the bolts on which the quick connects pivot.- Check the o
ther aileron in =0Athe same manner.=0AIf you once had no free play as you d
escribe but do =0Anow, I suspect there might have been a collision in a qui
ck connect =0Amechanism-during the rigging or de-rigging of the wings at
some =0Atime.=0A-=0AIf the problem-IS found to be one of =0Amisalignmen
t of the quick connect pivot bolts, we will have to discuss a method =0Afor
 fixing this later.=0A-=0AHope this is of some help mate.=0A-=0ACheers
---From your antipodean cousin=0A-=0AKingsley=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-
=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A-=0A----- Original Message ----- =0AFrom: f.kyle@sym
patico.ca =0A>To: 5EUROPALIST =0A>Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:07  AM=0A
>Subject: Europa-List: aileron SLOP=0A>=0A>=0A>It appears that  over the ye
ars the dimensions of the aileron control system have changed, and  I now h
ave about 3/4inch (19mm) or less travel slop between the ailerons - not  a
good thing. From the wing bottom windows, it appears to be inboard of the
fuselage as there is no slop in the outer wing areas that I could  find.=0A
>-----------  I would appreciate any advice as to how
 to adjust same to cancel this motion.  I realise someone has probably alre
ady covered this ground, but am jiggered if  I can remember how to find it.
=0A>Cheers,  Ferg=0A>C-FFGG mono 914 CS  prop=0A>href="http://www.matroni
cs.com/Navigator?Europa-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matron
ics.com">http://forums.matronics.com=0Ahref="http://www.matronics.com/con