Re: Europa-List: andair gascolator query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: andair gascolator query
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:02:19
Rowland,

I put mine under the baggage bay with a small door for access.  If you
airplane is closed up then this will be a bit of a pain to install.

I know that this is taking the thread a bit off topic, and you are LAA
constrained but if I was to do it over again I would install two, one in
the main line and one in the reserve to remove a single point of failure.
 I have not ever seen enough debris in mine to cause a problem but I recall
Alex Bowman (?) landing out because fine rust passed though his funnel
strainer but clogged his gascolator.  Not sure if it was an Andair

I with Bud when it comes to Andairs, they are the "gold standard" and the
new filter element has a much larger area than the original. It would take
a lot of crud to block it.

Regards, Paul