Europa-List: andair gascolator query

Subject: Europa-List: andair gascolator query
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:09:38

I've got an Andair GAS375-M gascolator that I plan to fit in the same
compartment
as the electric fuel pump. Obviously it is desirable to have it mounted with
the bottom near the bottom skin of the fuselage so that the drain can be easily
activated. However, it's necessary also to have room to remove the bowl. That
means cutting an access hole in the bottom skin. Has anyone already got a
LAA mod number that includes that sort of thing?

I suppose (plan B) it would also be possible to mount the gascolator
sufficiently
high that the bowl could be removed from inside the aircraft, but that would
mean the drain would be a long way from the fuselage floor and so not easy to
operate from outside. Maybe it could also be operated from inside if the sample
cup is small enough?

Any thoughts?

in friendship

Rowland