Re: Europa-List: andair gascolator query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: andair gascolator query
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:42:35

        Hi Rowland

        In USA, not LAA approved but here is what I did with my two 375s on my
monowheel with 914:

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=28612

        Drain and service from outside the aeroplane.

        NOTE: When fooling with my fuel system on the bench, it is a really bad
thing to have a leak in either the drain or bowl O ring of the 375. If
you are having a hard time putting the bowl back on, install a new O ring
as the old one probably changed dimension (keep some on hand). Another
caution, when unscrewing the filter, do not turn from the side opposite
where the threads are, it can damage the filter. I inspected my filter
inside, and low and behold there was build crud from Andair stuck just
about holding onto the adhesive they used during assembly just waiting to
get to my carbs. Andair replaced free of charge, good idea to have a very
good look inside.

        Ron Parigoris