Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:10:22

Hello Graham and Kingsley.
Well thank you both very much, Indeed the diagrams show a forward component, and
it says the wings pull forward, and indeed the bracket has a pin through it
which one would associate with pulling forward maybe.  , But i am still not
convinced
wish i was.
I guess you are all probably right , but i see the possibility of a forward
pull at high angles of attack , but in normal flight i see the a backward
component , this being most of the time in normal flight, so you have both
forward
and backward movements of the wing.
But i think you are looking at the lift envelope, so i still think the Total
of all the components is backward, Stall turn or Tail slip the
exceptions.

I have this. It mentions Tensile, But it dose not really state the normal
condition
of this bar, well not to me,
This modification introduces a new wing rear-attachment pin with a longer
threaded
portion and a
Nyloc nut and load spreading washer added behind the inboard flap hinge-plate to
react the tensile
load in the pin and so increase the tolerance to incorrectly constructed hard
points.
In addition,
a tie-bar is incorporated to efficiently react tensile loads between the wing
rear
attachments. The
tie-bar forms part of optional Mod 52, however, unless all the other features of
Mod 52 are installed,
no increase in maximum gross weight will be permitted.

I asked a friend who was head of physics he said the same as me.
But We could both be wrong, At the moment my thoughts are mostly backwards but
on High AA possible forward, but i am not sure.
I will follow this up and try to write to somebody Aerodynamics.
As i am really interested now. Maybe i will start with Europa them self, this is
going to take me some time.
But i need to satisfy myself that my understanding is maybe wrong??.

Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: