Re: Europa-List: Powerflarm

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Powerflarm
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:01:53

Skydemon had the Powerflarm connected to an iPad through a Butterfly Connect and
displaying on a large TV screen at Aero Expo and very impressive it was too,
showing all the aircraft in the vicinity that were transponding. I came straight
home and bought a Butterfly Connect.

As to the GPS signal I personally think the best option for a wifi iPad is the
plug in Bad Elf which gets its power from the iPad and we used that on our iPad
1 and the iPad 2. We have now got iPad Minis which are by far the best for
flying
and the have a proper GPS chip in them, although they will use the phone
signal to improve the acquisition time if you have got the sim turned on. Quite
frankly it gets a signal lightning quick with the sim turned off so there is
no need for it to be on.

As for the Garrecht I have no experience other than what I have read.

Dave Watts G-BXDY

On 25 Jun 2013, at 11:25, Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl> wrote:

> On 06/25/2013 03:38 AM, Kevin Kedward wrote:
>>
>> Ps, Go buy Powerflarm so you don't crash into me or fall on me because you
>> ran
out of fuel. Kevin the safe one.