Europa-List: Re: Right mag drop and rought running on 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Right mag drop and rought running on 914
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:25:51

Hi All.
914. Has 4 Trigger Coils, on a  horizontal mounting with 2 forward and 2 Aft.
The Top Module connects to the :
The 2 forward coils which are.
Trigger coil A1/2 serves the Top sparking plugs of cylinders 1 and 2
Trigger coil A3/4 serves the Top sparking plugs of cylinders 3 and 4
These are active when the Left Mag Switch is selected ON. engine running on top
plugs.
I have colour coded the entire system from the LEFT MAG SWITCH. (L)ime/yellow.
The bottom module connects to the:
The 2 Aft coils are which are.
Trigger coil B1/2 serves the bottom sparking plugs of cylinders 1 and 2
Trigger coil B3/4 serves the bottom sparking plugs of cylinders 3 and 4
I have colour coded the entire system from the RIGHT MAG SWITCH. Red

This is my 914, Is they a standard mag switch wiring for this engine ?????.
Should L be the top plugs.?ie ignition system A. ??

now all I have got to do is fix the bloody thing

Alan

Read this topic online here: