Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 20:14:26
Steve,

Thanks for your help.  After re-watching your video, I'm chagrined to
have not noticed the 3 x 3 cross member.

BTW, do you use your dolly when changing a tire?...presumably by raising
and temporarily supporting your tail...?...(and is that the reason
you've made your cross member so stout?

Fred

On May 2, 2013, at 5:09 PM, hagargs wrote:

> Fred:
>
> I used 2 different sizes of extrusion so as not to have any concerns
over strength and stiffness.  The the smaller stuff.  I am attaching a
pdf and 2 auto cad versions of the drawing to give you the exact
details.  If you have any issues opening any of these get in touch at
hagargs@earthlink.net to possibly get a hard copy if you want it.

> Steve
>
> A143 Mesa, AZ

establishes the tie down points to the trailer. The unit is sturdy
enough to do full throttle runups without the wings on. Takes about 3
minutes to install / remove

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYtCRwemiA
>>
>> Steve Hagar
>
> Steve...thank you so much for linking to the video...excellent
design...!...solving several sticky problems for the mono-wingless.

> I want to replicate your dolly and have found a source for that clever
extrusion which allows for height adjustment of the wheels.

> A question: My source (Grainger) for the extrusion (1.5" x 3" x 72")
sells it in 6 ft. lengths...do you recall whether or not ONE pc. was
sufficient?

> Thanks,
>
> Fred

<Landing+gear+dolly+pdf.pdf><Landing+gear+dolly.dwg><Landing+gear+dolly-A-
LT.dwg>