Re: Europa-List: Re: Electrical Connectors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Electrical Connectors
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 22:03:15
If I can butt in,
These are all excellent sources and I too use Allied for a bulk of my
connectors, pins, plugs etc.  Good price and timely shipping in the
States.  I don't know about overseas.

However, please pay attention to the crimper tool also.  The best
connector in the world is only as good as the crimp.

You get what you pay for but you don't have to get fleeced.  AMP makes a
terrific PIDGE connector crimper, but at $400 I prefer my Eclipse thank
you at 1/10th that.  I rarely have more than one bad crimp in 100.

If you prefer solder, don't scrimp there either.  Not all pins are
created equal, nor is the solder.  Learn before you burn.

Regards,
Bud Yerly