Europa-List: Re: Electrical Connectors

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Electrical Connectors
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:03:08

Hi All,

Jim, I have to respectfully disagree. I buy small quantities of parts from
Allied, Jameco, Digikey, etc. all the time. They are gracious and timely, and
probably have more stock and faster shipping than the Mom and Pop shops
you advocation. When you you say "typically" I have to wonder if that
means you never personally tried to buy anything from them.
I have also patronized B&C, RST Eng, Bob Nuckolls, Eric Jones (Perihelion)
and others too without much ado.

I personally would draw the line at Stein. His articles in Kitplanes etc
have been erroneous, biased and self-serving in the past. It is a personal
choice of course, but I do not like his style of business.

Your mileage may vary. My mileage is based on decades as a ham and
several degrees in electrical engineering. My wife would certainly attest that
have "rich" experience spending money ;)

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: