Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support
From: Gavin Lee <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:19:09

Hi there,
What I did to my trailer was bond a neoprene block on each side of the wing
cradle
upright, carved to fit snug against the fuselage when the wing cradle is
upright.
Worked well and solved the problem of the fuse possibly rubbing against
the metal uprights during towing.
Gavin Lee. #355
ZK -EPA

On 30/04/2013, at 6:29 PM, "Richard Lamprey" <lamprey.richard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> I have photos of the original Europa monowheel trailer, from the factory (when
I visited in 1995), and from other kind contributors to this site.  The factory
one has G-ELSA parked in it, so in the photos the wings obscure the fuselage.
Photos from others don't have the Europa in it.

> I have the only Europa in this region of the world, so I cant see a trailer in
real life, all I have is photos.

> This may sound stupid, but I can't for the life of me work out what keeps the
fuselage upright, except for the mainwheel and leg lodged in their hinged
cradle.
There must be significant forces on the cradle, its hinge, and on the
undercarriage
swinging arm and its hinges onto the undercarriage frame.

> There is a gap between fuselage and wing cradles, so the cradles don't seem to
be doing any support.

> So it would seem that the wheel cradle keeps the whole plot upright, and
> strong
enough to counter any tipping forces as the thing goes around corners.  This
might be fine for mirror smooth UK country lanes at 40 km/hr, but on our Kenya
roads, which are mostly holes, this isn't going to work.

> Perhaps I have missed something here.  Does anyone have a Europa factory-style
monowheel trailer with fuselage supports, or a fuselage cradle?  And can send
me pictures?