Re: Europa-List: Fitting Silicon Hoses.Qu =?UTF-8?Q?estion

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fitting Silicon Hoses.Qu =?UTF-8?Q?estion
From: Trevpond@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:27:35
regarding clamps?

Hi Tony,

Got a set on mine, clips are spot on and I've had no leaks.

regards

Trev
G-LINN

tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com writes:

-->  Europa-List message posted by: Tony Renshaw  <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>

Hi,
A couple of us have sets of  hoses supplied kindly by Stefan Ingemarsson
and I have a question or two for  the list for anyone who has fitted his
hoses, using the clamps provided. They  are circular tension clamps that require

ideally a special too, which I have  to compress them, and then you install
them onto the hose. The problem is that  we have two diameter hoses, the
smaller internal 16 mm diameter and the larger  24 mm ID. The clamps provided,

18 of them for 5 hoses, are all the same size  with an uncompressed (read
forced open) dimension of 24 mm. I have tried to  open one of the clamps up to

fit over the 24 mm ID hose, and on full open it  can't quite slip around
the OD of the tube. The other problem is that the  clamps don't seem to
provide much tension on a hose that albeit isn't fitted  to anything, that might

nominally increase the ID, and make it tighter. If  anyone has experience
using Stefans hoses, can they get back to me with advice  on the clips, the
manufacturer ideal!
ly, and the most suitable diameter of  clamps? Thank you in anticipation.
Regards
Tony  Renshaw