Europa-List: Fitting Silicon Hoses….Question regarding c

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting Silicon Hoses….Question regarding c
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:07:03

Hi,
A couple of us have sets of hoses supplied kindly by Stefan Ingemarsson and I
have
a question or two for the list for anyone who has fitted his hoses, using
the clamps provided. They are circular tension clamps that require ideally a
special
too, which I have to compress them, and then you install them onto the
hose. The problem is that we have two diameter hoses, the smaller internal 16
mm diameter and the larger 24 mm ID. The clamps provided, 18 of them for 5
hoses,
are all the same size with an uncompressed (read forced open) dimension of
24 mm. I have tried to open one of the clamps up to fit over the 24 mm ID hose,
and on full open it can't quite slip around the OD of the tube. The other
problem
is that the clamps don't seem to provide much tension on a hose that albeit
isn't fitted to anything, that might nominally increase the ID, and make
it tighter. If anyone has experience using Stefans hoses, can they get back to
me with advice on the clips, the manufacturer ideally, and the most suitable
diameter of clamps? Thank you in anticipation.
Regards
Tony Renshaw