Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 07:56:55

Hello Gilles,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I hadn't considered what you have suggested thanks and only got to checking it
out two days ago.

The line from the equaliser tube to the pressure sensor has a filter which was
wrapped in a heat insulating mat.  This prevented casual observation of the
state
of the filter. On removing this covering I found the filter saturated with
a brown sludge which I assume was stale condensate of fuel. When I blew through
the line (with my mouth) there was a lot of restriction as you can imagine
and I was thinking "thanks Gilles", you were right on the ball!

I did over two hours flying yesterday after fitting a new filter in a more
elevated
position and guess what? MAP readings on take-offs are identical to what
they were before. (head now shaking!)

Because the engine is running so nicely, I have decided to let sleeping dogs
lie.
There is no point trying to fix something if one is not sure it is 'broke'!

Thanks again for your thoughts Gilles.

Best regards

Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone