Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:10:21

Gary,

On the 914, even with the waste gate fully open, not all of the exhaust gas
bypasses
the turbo hence there is still some boost. According to the manual, with
a fully open waste gate, the engine will produce 70 Kw (approx 93 HP) instead
of the 80 HP the same engine would produce if the turbo charger was removed.

Regards
Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone