Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:38:48

Peter,

I eventually get 38" at 115% throttle setting. I get 34" at 100% throttle on the
climb and it maintains 34" to 12,000 ft so I assume the TCU must be working.
The TCU cycles perfectly on turn on.

Having said that, I can certainly try a T/O with the TCU turned off to observe
what happens.

I need to have a fly behind another 914 in case my problem is only imaginary.

Thank you for your help.

Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone

On 13/11/2012, at 6:30 AM, "pestar" <peter@reivernet.com> wrote:

> As the other New Zealand 914 user that Bill refers to I add a little advice
> that
may help.

> You state you are only seeing 34 ins, that is what you get when the TCU is not
working.  How do I know, I took off the other day with the TCU switched off
and noted that I only pulled about 33 in manifold but was still getting full
rpm,
5780 in my case.

> This makes sense and though I do not suggest taking off with the TCU switched
off it can be tried and would be a good pointer to see if your TCU is working.
That is apart from the usual checks to see if the servo is cycling.